Semester commences July 23rd with orientation week.
Your practical intensive runs in both Macclesfield Victoria or Mackay Queensland.
Practical Intensive Dates for the Next Intake:
- Macclesfield, Victoria: 13th - 17th August
- Mackay, Queensland: 27th - 31st August
Choose the location that most suits you
Click the blue Inquire Today button above and start expanding your skills.
Graduates of this certificate are professionally qualified practitioners,
- trained to assess and treat injuries,
- highly effective in treating sports related muscular issues
- extremely proficient at enhancing equine movement and performance
- utlise techniques to prevent sports related injury
- assist in development and management of training programs,
- trained to assess a horse's response to exercise and training and provide professional training advice
- develop and maintain equine sports performance,
- provide advise and assistance in the areas of handling and hoof care
- plus provide pre purchase physical and suitability assessment
The certificate is run over two semesters, and students undertake extensive study in each of
their 2 modules. Each module contains 4 subjects.
Anatomy & Physiology for Horse Masseurs
Horse Handling and Behaviour
Equine Hoof Care
Equine Tactile Therapy - Swedish Massage Therapy
First module practical requirements
1 x 5 day Practical Horse Massage Intensive
20 hours external practical horse massage experience
Anatomy & Physiology for Equine Sports Massage Therapists (Deep Muscle Structure)
Equine Conformation and Movement
Equine Sports Massage Practice Management (Deep Tissue Therapy)
Equine Exercise Physiology
Second module practical requirements
1 x 6 day Practical Equine Sports Massage Intensive
40 hours external Equine Sports Massage Therapy Practical Experience
Equine Sports Therapy Case Studies
Each of your 8 subjects are assessed through the following:
2 fully researched and referenced Essays/Assignments
Study questions and online weekly discussions
Reports on 60 Equine Therapy Treatments
Equine Sports Massage Therapy Case Studies
Supervised Practical Equine Sports Massage Skills Assessment
Submission of Video showing application of specialised Equine Therapy Techniques, offered by ACATT
655 Hours run over two semesters (approx 12 Months)
Made up of:
420 hours Directed Study
100 hours Internal Practical Instruction
90 Hours External Sports Therapy Practical Experience
30 hours External Equine Assessment
15 hours External Equine Gait Analysis Assessment
Self directed study is not included in the above hours, however is somewhere between 150 and 250 hours over the 12 months and includes optional online weekly webinars.
Our hours of study, professional guidance and indepth instruction is far more than you will find at any other college, please feel free to compare
Full fee for Certificate of Equine Sports Massage Therapy: $5595.00
Course fees cover:
Theory and Practical Intensive components
Horse Health Assessment Tools (stethoscope, thermometer and alcohol swabs)
Costs not covered:
Equine Massage Practical Intensive Accommodation (if required) and any further text books the students wish to purchase.
Payment Plan A
Installments 10 x $405.00 Payable Monthly.
Payment Plan B:
Installments 6 x $405.00 Payable Monthly.
The following year program follows on from the Certificate of Equine Sport Therapy. Hence students undertake their first year in Sports Therapy and their second in the following advanced subjects.
Graduates of this diploma are professionally qualified Equine Remedial Therapy Practitioners, who, in conjunction with the outcomes of the Certificate of Equine Sports Therapy, are qualified to
- Treat horses with Myofascial Release (equine manipulation) and other advanced horse massage modalities
- Utilise deep MFR as a form of manipulation
- Provide professional care in assessment and formulation of balanced equine nutrition
- Deliver extensive professional support and advice in the area of equine health
- Utilise herbs and natural modalities in their equine professional practice
-Are proficient at the application of Equine Acupressure
- Design and implement rehabilitation programs for horses
- Treat chronic issues with a range of modalities
- Proficient biomechanical assessment using slow motion video and computer based gait equine movement analysis.
The final year of our program forms an Advanced Equine Massage Therapy Diploma which comprises 8 intensive subjects taken over two semesters:
Anatomy & Physiology for Equine Remedial Therapists
Complementary Tactile Therapy - Equine Acupressure/Shiatsu
Holistic Therapy for Horses
Equine Rehabilitative Training Module 1 (Research)
1 x Five day Practical Intensive - Acupressure and Rehabilitation for horses
1 x 5 day Supervised Management component at Module 1 Equine Sports Massage Practical Intensive
40 hours external Equine advanced massage practical work
Holistic Therapy for horses Case Studies
Equine Complementary Therapy Case Studies
Therapeutic/Remedial Equine Massage
Equine Rehabilitative Training Module 2
1 x Five day Practical Intensive - Remedial Equine Massage, Myofascial Release, Mobilisation and Equine Manipulation Therapy
1 x 6 day Supervised Management component at Module 2 Equine Sports Massage Therapy Practical Intensive
40 hours external advanced horse massage techniques practical work
Equine Biomechanics Case Study
Equine Rehabilitation Program Method, Evaluation and Case Study
Case Studies in Equine Remedial Massage
This year comprises 800 hours run over two semesters (approx. 12 months).
In total students will have completed a minimum of 1460 hours to gain the diploma.
Full fee for Diploma Modules $4800.00.
Course fees cover:
Theoretical and Practical components
Costs not covered:
Practical Equine Therapy Intensive Accommodation (if required) and text books.
Students can also elect to pay fees on our payment plan
Using this option:
Deposit due on enrollment $1200.00
Followed by 10 monthly installments of $405.00
Graduates are qualified in Equine Remedial Massage (Advanced Horse Massage and Equine Manipulation), Equine Rehabilitation and Horse Health Care.
111 Spillers Road
03 5968 9788