What do our Equine Nutrition Consultations offer?
- Equine Health Assessment
- Horse Nutritional Analysis
- Horse Pasture Assessment
- Dietary Rebalancing
- Equine Diet Formulation
What we consider in your horse's feed:
- Pasture Availability,
- Equine Health issues and
- Any special needs your horse may have
- Horse feeds you prefer to use
- What horse feeds are available in your area
What horse feeds we recommend:
- Generally we try to rebalance using the horse feeds you currently use
- In new diet formulation we suggest single feeds rather than mixes
- A natural feed to reduce input of nonnutritional compounds
- Horse diets with a basis of roughage, to maintain digestive health
- Those feeds that will provide the optimum nutrition for you horse
What will you receive from your Equine Nutritional Consultation?
- An independant equine nutritional advisor - hence no brands nor any of our products are pushed
- Full assessment of your horse's current diet using professional computer based software
- Printed report on current diet including full nutritional break down
- Printed report on suggestions to rebalance the diet.
- Appointments can occur via completion of our nutritional assessment request form
- or Home visit to assess the pasture and horse condition
- Follow up on tolerance of the diet will be undertaken 2 weeks and again one month following initial equine nutrition consultation
Why do we suggest natural horse feeds rather than commercial mixes?
- It gives us, and you, greater control over the feed your horse consumes
- Allows a more thorough assessment of content
- As many commercial feeds do not provide full nutritional content information, assessment is difficult, if not impossible
- We believe natural nutritional management is the key to ongoing health
- We find it is more economical to feed this way
- Allows more effective diet alteration at times of pasture change or deviations in activity, biological status
- It removes the inclusion of feeds that contain synthetic vitamins and minerals. Some methods of commercial feed mixture production practices destroy vital nutrients.
- No need to coat feeds in molassess to make it attractive to your horse
Take control of your horse's diet and ensure you know what substances your horse is ingesting.
111 Spillers Road
03 5968 9788