What will I help your horse with?
- Reduce muscle restrictions
- Reduce muscular pain
- Reduce behavioural issues
- Enhance their exercise performance
- Increase the freedom and ease of in performing in your sport
- Increase their range of motion
- Increase their length of stride
- Identify and treat any areas of discomfort and teach you how to too
- Reduce your horse's risk of injury as we enhance their ability to move freely
- My techniues and suggesiton will enhance the General health of your horse.
What Therapies I can offer you to help your horse?
- Deep Tissue Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Equine Massage Therapy
- Mobilisation Techniques Joints and soft tissues
- Myofascial Manipulation
- Myofascial Release, Deep and Superficial
- Sports Therapy including Neuro-Muscular Technique, Soft Tissue Release and Stretching
- Team these with my other services such as Herbs, Nutrition, Natural Therapies or Rehabilitation as required
What to expect from my Treatment Sessions:
- Every one of our sessions will include full assessment prior to and following treatment
- I will assess for for restrictions in joint movement, areas of pain or tension, variations from one side to the other
- How your horse moves will also be fully analysed, so I get a great picture of what they are finding difficult.
- If required I will also assess your saddle fit and placement
- I will fully treat your horse with one or more therapies, suitable for what we find, your work level and your horse.
- Assessment following treatment allows us to measure what changes have been gained
- Following this assessment, you and I will make a plan for ongoing activities to strengthen and enhance recovery
- Plus I will guide you in carrying out the plan, inclduing how to assess your horse's response
- You will be given a full report of the full session, including our plan.
- The outcome may lead me to refer you to a different therapy or pracititoner, such as a vet.
- On our first session I will be with your horse for around 2 hours, to ensure I provide a thorough full body session.
- Subsequent sessions between 1 - 1.5 hours to allow specific treatment to the areas of concern
How often should treatment occur?
- Sessions are based on the reason for treatment
- In the case of pain or movement issue it is recommended that weekly treatments occur until the issue has
reduced significantly - for most horses this is between 1 - 3 sessions.
- Following this we would recommend a follow up approximately 2 - 4 weeks later.
- Where the issue is found to not be muscular you will be referred to the appropriate practitioner
- In the case of sports massage to enhance performance, we recommend maintenance 4 - 8 weekly
- If acupuncture is the main form of treatment, a minimum of 4 sessions is recommended
- These sessions would intially be weekly and may extend to fortnightly
- In some cases further treatments at fortnightly intervals will be recommended
- In all cases a follow up session 3 - 6 months later will be booked
- Further optimise your horse's performance, book your self in for a treatment with me.
- Fully qualified in human sports therapy, and post graduate remedial therapy techniques.
- For your horse, get yourself treated and stop the transfer of muscle tension between you both.
- Watch as your freedom adds so much more to improve your horse's performance
111 Spillers Road
03 5968 9788