What we offer:
- Equine Massage
- Sports Therapy including Neuro-Muscular Technique, Soft Tissue Release and Stretching
- Deep Tissue Therapy
- Myofascial Release and manipulation
- Mobilisation Techniques
- Dry Needling
- Combine with Herbs, Nutrition, Natural Therapies or Rehabilitation as required
What are the benefits?
- Enhanced performance
- Reduction in muscle restrictions
- Increased range of motion
- Increased length of stride
- Increased freedom in the execution of activity
- Reduction in behavioural issues
- Reduced pain
- Resolution of muscle tension
- Identification of areas of discomfort and methods of addressing these
- Reduced risk of sports related injury
- Increased general health
What to expect from our Treatment Sessions:
- Full assessment prior to treatment
- On the first session slow motion video will be taken of the horse's movement
- Assessment of saddle fit
- Treatment using the techniques that will best assist in a resolution or reduction in the problem
- Full reassessment following treatment
- A plan for ongoing optimisation of movement and wellbeing.
- Education and guidance in carrying out the plan
- A computer generated report following the session
- Referral to a veterinary practitioner if required
- Session reports are sent to the veterinary practitioner of your choice if required.
- The initial session will last approximately 2 hours, subsequent sessions between 1 - 1.5 hours
How often should treatment occur?
- Sessions are based on the reason for treatment
- In the case of pain or movement issue it is recommended that weekly treatments occur until the issue has
reduced significantly - for most horses this is between 1 - 3 sessions.
- Following this we would recommend a follow up approximately 2 - 4 weeks later.
- Where the issue is found to not be muscular you will be referred to the appropriate practitioner
- In the case of sports massage to enhance performance, we recommend maintenance 4 - 8 weekly
- If acupuncture is the main form of treatment, a minimum of 4 sessions is recommended
- These sessions would intially be weekly and may extend to fortnightly
- In some cases further treatments at fortnightly intervals will be recommended
- In all cases a follow up session 3 - 6 months later will be booked
111 Spillers Road
03 5968 9788